Club Competitions going forward at LKGC – 25/06/2020.
We ask all members/players to take note of the following;
- You must sign in to the competition through the shop only. This represents your official entry to the Competition. Entrants should verify their handicap at sign-in with the shop operator. A physical scorecard will be issued to each competitor.
- Score cards must have the correct competition date, handicap, scores for each hole, signature of player and markers name printed in Block Capitals. If your score is over 35 nett points/30 gross points please also write your phone number and that of your nominated marker on the card. It is recommended that you as a nominated marker record the player’s score you are marking for on your own card for validation afterwards.
- Competitors should verify their score with their nominated marker at the end of the round before leaving the course and all players in the group should be made aware of this score.
- NO computer in operation for score entry. Members should return their scores via the ‘howdidido’ mobile app or via the www.howdidido.com website as soon as practicable after completion of the round.
- All scores to be returned to howdidido before 11.00pm on the day of the competition. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- Visitors asked to send a clear photo of their completed card by mobile phone to the phone number posted on computer in men’s locker room, as soon as practicable after round.
- If an entrant has any issues (handicap, scorecard, or other), they should send a text to the phone number posted on computer in men’s locker room, as soon as practicable after round.
- Physical scorecards are NO LONGER TO BE RETURNED to the competitions box in the men’s locker room.
- Players are asked to retain their scorecard for a period of 7 days after the competition.
- Results will be published on howdidido as soon as is practicable after the competition ends. Results will only become official 48 hours after the publishing of the results.
- As we totally rely on complete score returns to establish the Competition Standard Scratch a code of conduct for non-return of scores via howdidido has now been established. See below. Players who have a valid reason for not inputting a scorecard using howdidido should email firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the competition outlining the reason.
Code of conduct for non-return of scores via ‘howdidido’
Member entrants who fail to enter their scores using ‘howdidido’ will face the following sanctions:
- 1st breach – will be noted at the club
- 2nd breach – Notification of 2nd breach missing score will be issued.
- 3rd breach – suspension of right to compete in the following weeks Men’s Club’s competitions.
- 4th breach – suspension or right to compete in Men’s Club’s competitions for the following month.
- 5th breach – suspension of handicap for 1 month.
Players who have a valid reason for not inputting a scorecard using howdidido should email email@example.com within 24 hours of the competition outlining the reason.
Players who face sanctions for breach of the Competition Conditions will be notified by email during the week following the competition.
Other points of note:
- Ball MUST be holed out as per the rules of golf. Devices for lifting your ball from the hole have been replaced and the ball “bouncing out” should no longer be an issue.
- No placing in the general playing area with the exception of the bunkers where optional 6 inch placing applies. Players are asked to smooth bunkers as much as possible using their feet or club after playing their stroke.
- Relief from slits/cracks available.
- See temporary local rules on wall adjacent to shop entrance for full details on local rules.