How your information will be used
1. Our Club, of which you are a member, needs to keep and process information about you for our normal and every day running of our club. The information we hold and process will be used for our management and administrative use only. We will keep and use it to enable us to run the club and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately, during your membership of our Club. This includes using information to enable us to comply with the legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of the Club and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings. If you do not provide this data, we may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations and we will tell you about the implications of that decision.
2. As a Golf Club we may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, for example to prevent fraud, administrative purposes or reporting potential crimes. The nature of our legitimate interests are the running and maintenance of Letterkenny Golf Club, Barnhill, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal. We will never process your data where these interests are overridden by your own interests.
3. Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you, but some may come from other internal sources, such as the Club Secretary or Handicap Committee or Finance Committee, or in some cases, external sources, such as banks, credit unions etc.
4. The sort of information we hold includes your application form, your membership details and any amendments of them, correspondence with or about you for example letters to you regarding your annual subscription, your handicap, information needed if you are paying by direct debit, contact and emergency contact details, records of your handicap and score cards and records relating to your playing history and where appropriate disciplinary and grievance records.
5. You will, of course, inevitably be referred to in Club records arising from your membership within the Club.
6. Where necessary, we may keep information relating to your health, which could include details regarding any medical conditions reported by you. This information will be used in order to comply with our health and safety and occupational health obligations.
7. Where we process special categories of information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, biometric data or sexual orientation, we will always obtain your explicit consent to share this information unless this is not required by law or the information is required to protect your health in an emergency. Where we are processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw (in certain circumstances) that consent at any time.
8. In addition, we monitor computer use, as detailed in our Computer/telephone/electronic communications with you.
9. Other than as mentioned below, we will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you, for instance we may need to pass on certain information regarding the payment of your annual subscription or otherwise.
10. We may transfer information about you to other Clubs but only for the purposes of your membership with the Club.
11. Your personal data will be stored during your membership of the Club.
12. If in the future we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that which it was collected we will provide you with information on that purpose and any other relevant information.
13. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
14. If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
15. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR with regard to your personal data.
Identity and contact details of controller and data protection officer
16. Letterkenny Golf Club is the Controller and the the Club Secretary is Processor of data for the purposes of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations).
17. If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact the Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to The Data Privacy Officer at Letterkenny Golf Club, Barnhill, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal.